Both Yahoo and Gmail are the popular email service providers among users. Due to several reasons, there was a huge downfall in Yahoo users. Reasons might be inappropriate ads, the new version of Yahoo took more time for loading in comparison with the classic mode. After the recent problems of breaching of the email hacking attacks, now users need to switch from Yahoo to other email service providers. Gmail is one of the widely used email applications expanding its roots.
Gmail application provides many facilities to users such as G Suite migration facility, Google Drive facility, Google DOC, etc. So, to backup Yahoo mail to Gmail program, here we will discuss the recommended methods to perform the migration without any trouble.
Before stepping ahead, let’s first understand the reasons to choose Gmail instead of Yahoo.
Why Is There a Need to Backup Yahoo Mail to Gmail?
Here we have mentioned some advantages of Gmail over Yahoo mail for which users want to switch their email service provider from Yahoo to Gmail.
- Gmail offers a smooth user-friendly interface as compared to Yahoo.
- Flexibility with the attachments in the Gmail application.
- Gmail offers advanced features and more control.
- Gmail provides free of cost POP access.
These are a few advantages of Gmail over Yahoo mail. Now we will move further to the solution to export Yahoo emails to Gmail.
Manual Strategies to Backup Yahoo Mail to Gmail
Here we have listed the steps to backup Yahoo mail to Gmail application. To perform Yahoo backup email to Gmail, follow the below steps –
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Choose the settings option.
- Go to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Click on the Import mail and contacts.
- In the next window, enter your Yahoo email credentials.
- Now, select the import options as per your requirement such as contacts, emails, etc.
- Then, click on the start import button.
Once the importing process gets completed, hit the finish button, and users are done with the backing up of Yahoo folders to Gmail Free Space. It may take more time in importing depending upon the file sizes. There are several limitations as well with the manual process of importing.
- Tedious and more time-consuming process.
- Transfers Inbox folder emails only and not the other mailbox items.
- Cannot transfer the selected folders as there is no email filter feature available.
- Synchronization may interrupt the importing process.
Professional Technique To Backup Yahoo Mail to Gmail
Users can also use an alternative professional solution to backup Yahoo mail to Gmail. The automated solution avoids all the limitations as we have seen with the manual method. One such solution is offered by DRS Yahoo email backup software. The utility is designed on a smooth user-friendly GUI and even a novice user can easily export Yahoo emails to PST, EML, PDF, MSG, HTML, Gmail, Thunderbird, AOL, Office 365, etc. A date filter feature is also available for users to select specific emails. The free Yahoo email backup software is available to evaluate the performance of the utility for free.
Advantages of the Professional Method
- Easily export Yahoo emails to EML, PST, PDF, MBOX, MSG, HTML, Gmail, Hotmail, Office 365, Thunderbird, etc.
- Offers a smooth user-friendly GUI.
- No technical knowledge is required.
- Easily backup Yahoo mails with attachments including Inbox, tasks, calendars, etc.
- Provides a date filter feature to exclude specific emails if required.
- No Outlook application installation is required.
- Maintains the data integrity and hierarchy in the resultant file.
- The free Yahoo email backup software allows users to back up the first 50 emails for free.
In this blog above, we have recommended reliable methods to backup Yahoo mail to Gmail. As seen above, there are several drawbacks to the manual strategies for Yahoo email backup. So, to avoid every limitation, it is suggested to use the professional Yahoo email backup tool which is the most reliable and trusted solution available for a hassle-free migration.