If you want to create your video sharing platform, follow these three simple steps to get started.
- Select a website platform
- Decide the domain name and hosting provider
- Install the selected website Platform along with themes and necessary customizations
Selecting a Website Platform
One can employ the “Content Management System (CMS),” a pre-set up platform to build their platform for sharing videos.
What is CMS?
The content management system is a software application that permits the user to create, manage, and optimize the digital content such as producing, creating, and editing, for instance, web page, blogs, advertisements, and other. The popularity of CMS is increasing due to the rise in digital content launching through numerous channels such as social media, mobile apps, and email.
What Does CMS Do?
It let one generate and supervise the content that goes on the website via the dashboard. Similar to the process of login and posting content on social networking websites such as Facebook and Instagram, one can utilize CMS to login to their website and add images, pages, and posts. Also, one can readily select the theme from several options available. Moreover, the user deploys CMS to manage user submissions, videos, payment methods, categories, etc.
There is a variety of CMS one can choose from to novice-friendly video-sharing platform; some of them are listed below:
Additionally, the most popular among these CMS is WordPress, which is free of cost.
WordPress is a simple model for building your website. On a technical level, it is an open-source CMS, and anyone can use or modify it as it is licensed under GPLv2; hence, it allows one to build a website even for those who are not developers.
Previously, it was used for creating a blog, but now you can make your video sharing platform using WordPress.
It is the finest CMS to create your video sharing platform like Youtube owing to the listed reasons:
- Customize as per your requirements
- It offers better-quality and advanced website performance along with high-end security.
- Availability of numerous WordPress plugins that increase the speed and functionality of the striking website.
- It is user friendly and free of cost.
- Presence of millions of designs to form an attractive looking site.
- The site is more responsive.
Decide the Domain Name and Hosting Provider
The subsequent step is to acquire a hosting and to purchase a domain name.
A domain name is the web address used by the people to visit your website, for instance, Google.com or facebook.com. Also, it defines your brand and SEO. Moreover, hosting is the service that is utilized by you to store the content of your website.
You can register for the domain name to build your video sharing platform by registering on GoDaddy.com.
- After going to the link, search the name as per your preference. Suppose the title is available to choose .com subsequently.
- Next, go to the option “continue to cart.” In case you desire the domain privacy protection select the option provided on the nest page; otherwise, select “No Thanks.”
- Later, agree to the terms and then proceed for the checkout.
- The second last step for this process is choosing the name you want yourself to be registered and click the checkout button.
- The final step is to create an account and enter the payment details now, and your domain is registered with you.
After registering to the domain name, you are supposed to choose a website hosting provider that provides scalability and security and speed and support. Next, decide on a plan in terms of storage and bandwidth you need.
Install the selected website Platform along with themes and necessary customizations
You can install WordPress through GoDaddy using cPanel by following the given steps:
- Visit your product page on GoDaddy.
- Select manage available under Web Hosting.
- Click Installatron present on the account dashboard in the applications section.
- Select the WordPress blog in the apps for the content management section.
- Click and install the application.
- Complete the required fields, and click Install
A. Location – Domain
Choose the domain name you have created.
B. Location – Directory (Optional)
Go through the directory where you desire to establish WordPress. For instance, if you type video in the directory field, the web address will be abc.com/video.
Use all of the default settings present on the page.
Numerous options are automatically generated.
Decide and choose how you wish to supervise the advanced options such as database management and backups.
Install Video Sharing Theme
After installing WordPress, the next step is to install the theme by logging into your WordPress address panel. Now, you need to buy the theme. The excellent premium themes marketplaces are available in:
- Elegant Themes
- Theme Fuse
- Template Monster
- Engine Themes
- Thrive Themes
One of the popular video-sharing themes is KickCube, which is available in the ThemeForest marketplace.
After opening the link, select the “Buy Now” option, after which you will be transmitted to the checkout page where you are required to fill name and email address. Furthermore, click next and select your ThemeForest username and password and confirm and validate the captcha provided. Later, hit on the create account and continue button subsequently. Then, fill your billing details and tick the save and keep button.
ThemeForest marketplace allows secure payment through Debit or Credit card and PayPal. The third method is Envato Credit, where you are required to add credit to your Envato account.
After initiating the payment, you will receive the message regarding payment success, after which you are needed to drift over your username present in the top right corner and select the option downloads. Choose here the KickCube theme.
Here select the green colored download button which offers two options
- All files and Documentation
- Installable WordPress files only
Choose the installable WordPress files as the only option and download the file to your desktop. Later, go to your main WordPress dashboard again
Installing the theme in WordPress
The last step of creating your video sharing platform like YouTube is to install the theme using the one-click install process, and then install required plugins so that there are no complications like YouTube comments not posting, or the upload being too slow. Later, upload all the demo content that came with the theme. Finish with a little final tweak to customize the site.