Hello readers, many of us are using Gmail. It is an email client that is most popular now. It is popular because it is quite simple to use and to communicate with everyone with emails. And with mails, it stores our contact details, calendars, and many other important things.
But there is a problem of limited storage. When it shows Gmail running out of space then it has consumed almost free storage. In an account of Gmail, it comes with 15 GB of data. And after it, you have to purchase plans to Increase the limit of cloud data. And you have to pay for this every month. It is quite expensive.
So in the points below, I will give the link to the Gmail backup tool and some techniques to free up the storage space in Gmail.
TECHNIQUE 1 (FILTER OUT LARGE ATTACHMENTS)
So in emails, some mails are with big attachments which consume a lot of storage of Gmail. First, you have to find out the attachments. Then decide which one is an important attachment and which one is a waste. Then save your important attachment in the local hard drive and delete the rest attachments. So to filter out all attachments do these below steps :
- First login into Gmail and open your account.
- Then in the upper search bar type “ has attachment ”
- Then there are mails in front of which have attachments.
- Then there is an option od Advance search, click on it
- And write files greater than >10 MB and press the search button
- Then in front of you, there is a list of attachments that consume a lot of size in Gmail.
- Figure out the important attachments, save those, and delete the rest.
This will help you a lot to free up storage space in Gmail without. Or if you found it difficult then in the next technique I will give you a link for the backup tool of Gmail.
TECHNIQUE 2 (DELETION OF OLD EMAILS)
By this technique, the user can free up the storage space of Gmail by the deletion of unnecessary old emails from the mailbox. To do this first you need to sign in to your Gmail account then in the upper search bar type “older_than:2y” and press enter. Then the is a list of emails in front of you which are older than two years then you can figure out the important and unimportant emails and delete the unnecessary emails by batch selection. One more thing to remember is when you have deleted the emails it goes to the Trash folder so you have to delete the trash files to see the result of free space.
TECHNIQUE 3 (GMAIL EMAIL BACKUP TOOL)
In Gmail, sometimes it is difficult to use manual methods to free up storage space and manual methods have to repeat again and again to free up space after an interval to time.
If u want an auto backup tool that frees up your space automatically. Then you can go with the MailConverterTools Gmail backup tool which is a life-saver tool for all Gmail users.
Here are some key features of the Backup tool:
- It can get backup of all mail items like Emails, Calendars, Contacts, etc.
- The tool has the best interface and it is very easy to operate.
- With this backup tool, the user can preview the resultant backup file and rename the file according to their usage
- This tool is not limited up to Gmail backup even it can take the backup of other email clients like Yahoo, Thunderbird, Outlook
- This backup tool is available in both demo free version and full paid version
- In the free version users can take the backup of 50 items of the email client and after the user has to buy the full version at a very low cost.
- It is available in both Windows and Mac versions and compatible with all the new and old versions.
- In this backup tool, it can back-up into many other file formats like PDF, TXT, MSG, PST, MBOX, HTML, EML, EMLX
These are the key features of this tool And one more best feature of this tool is when it takes backup there is an option “Delete after download” it erases the data from the server of Gmail after its backup automatically.
TECHNIQUE 4 (REGULARLY CLEANING OF TRASH AND SPAM)
In Gmail Trash and Spam are the unnecessary emails which are occupying space, you need to regularly empty both whenever you are free or do this in a week at least. These are auto-deleted after a month. But we do not need these emails then why we let these mails occupy space. If you found any difficulty to find the trash folder then here are the methods to find and empty the trash.
To delete or empty the trash you need to do the below steps
- Open Gmail and sign in
- In the upper Gmail search bar type “in:trash” and press enter or if you want to delete the spam messenger then type “in: spam” and press enter.
- Then there is an option of ‘delete all trash messages now’ in Trash and delete all spam messages in the spam folder.
- By a single click on this, you can delete the entire folder of spam or trash.
TECHNIQUE 5 (UNWANTED NEWSLETTERS, SUBSCRIPTIONS)
Some of the unwanted newsletters and emails are annoying and they are occupying unnecessary space on Gmail. In every newsletter, there is an option of unsubscribing at the end of the mail. But it is difficult to unsubscribe from every newsletter individually. To unsubscribe all unwanted newsletters and unwanted emails in a single time then follow the below steps:
- There are many websites that unsubscribe the newsletter subscriptions at an instant.
- Search and open any site.
- Open your account by entering your credentials.
- Then there is a list in front of you
- You can unsubscribe from all unwanted newsletters with a single click.
Thus it is important to free up your storage of Gmail and easy to find the important emails in the mailbox. I have given the best and the easiest techniques to the problem of Gmail storage full. With these steps, the user can surely free up the storage space of Gmail.
SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION-
In this article, I have given the best possible techniques for Gmail running out of space problem. These techniques are so easy and effective if you follow the upper mentioned steps carefully. Then these steps can so easily free up your Gmail space and use Gmail fluently without any storage problem. And we have also mentioned a Gmail Backup tool that can backup of users all Gmail data in many file formats in the local storage which free up the Gmail cloud space and after the backup, it deletes the data from the server automatically.