In today’s rapidly growing life it is impossible for us to think about our life without electricity. Electricity has now become a vital necessity for our day-to-day life. In our day-to-day life, we need various appliances so that our daily life becomes simpler and easier. Be it for residential use, commercial use, or any industrial use we need various types of gadgets, appliances, and several other electrical pieces of equipment. And for all these uses of appliances and gadgets, we need electricity. But again there are so many complexities with electricity. Sudden power cuts or power fluctuations can sometimes lead to the breakdown of the appliances. You should Know the Importance Of Electrical Transformers In Our Daily Life.
One of the best early experiments in inventing the phone used a tool referred to as an audio frequency transformer. This gadget that was known as a replicating coil played a concerned role within the creation of the phone. In this day and age, the audio frequency transformer has been restored by another progressed; in any case, these transformers are nonetheless used in some electronics.
The power of the transformer has positively upgraded our everyday lives during an assortment of the most important routes from heating our houses to lighting our methods within the darkest night. Transformers and the electrical cables they attach to own allowed practically everybody within the nation to need pleasure during a relentless and trustworthy stream of electrical power for his or her electrical gadgets and their lives.
So we need one such device that can control the power so that it can control the sudden voltage fluctuation now and then. The device that comes as a solution is none other than but a transformer. A transformer ensures the power supply is safe when it is generated from one circuit to the other circuit with the use of electromagnetic induction. But again the need for power supply is different from one sector to the other, and to know which transformer is the best fit for your need and your requirements you need to take suggestions of a Power Transformers Manufacturer so that you are able to choose the right device.
Transformers are designed for modifying Alternating Current (AC) that runs between two circuits through electromagnetic induction. All these transformers have two or additional number windings that are wound an iron core. This helps in decreasing the incoming voltage or increasing the voltage of the electrical equipment when required. The total number of windings depends entirely on the amount of electrical voltage that the transformer is needed to provide. Transformers are designed with two groups of coils, the primary and the secondary which are associated with the magnetic fields which act as conductors. The two types of transformers i.e. the step-up transformers which are used for increasing the voltage and the step-down transformers which are used for reducing the voltage. The High Voltage Transformer Manufacturer and the Low Voltage Transformer Manufacturer manufactures both these types of transformers.
Types of Transformers
There are various types of transformers available in the market depending on the requirement and the objective. Various types of transformers are:
- Step Up and Step Down Transformers.
- Power, Distribution, and Instrument Transformers.
- Three Phase and Single Phase Transformers.
- Shell Type Transformer, Core Type Transformer, and Berry Type Transformer.
- Two Winding and Auto Winding Transformers.
- Oil Cooled & Dry Type Transformers.
- Outdoor & Indoor Transformers.
Few basic applications of transformers
- Transformers are used to get the needed voltage level. A step-up transformer is used for increasing the voltage level and the step-down transformer is used for using reducing the voltage level.
- Transformers can increase and reduce the value of an inductor, a capacitor, or resistance in an Alternating Current circuit. So a transformer acts as an electric resistance transferring device.
- The transformers are also used for isolating two circuits electrically.
- The transformers are used in electric resistance matching.
- Transformers are also used in the making of electrical measuring devices like the ammeter, relay, voltmeter, and others.
- Transformers are even used for rectification. Rectification is the method of converting Alternating Current to Direct Current. Rectification is highly important for all types of high voltage transmission. One of the best examples of a rectifier is the cell phone charger.
- Transformers are also used in the voltage stabilizer and voltage regulator.
- Transformers are widely and largely used in power supply distribution and transmission.
Further Application of various types of transformers
Transformers have varied types as stated in their applications. In this section, we will see in detail associated to various types of transformers available and their applications. Till now we have seen that transformers can be classified primarily into two types. The first one is the step-up transformers and the other one is the step-down transformers. Where a step-up transformer is used for increasing the voltage level in the transmission of power supply and the step-down transformers used in reducing the voltage level in the transmission of power supply
Application of Isolation transformer
An Isolation transformer is a transformer that is used for transferring electrical power supply from a specified source of AC (alternating current) power to a few devices or types of equipment by isolating the powered devices from the power source. This is usually done for safety purposes. To get the best isolation transformers to consult with Isolation Transformer Manufacturers.
Application of Autotransformer
An Autotransformer is a type of transformer that has a single winding. We have seen so far that a transformer normally has two windings, the primary winding, and the secondary winding. But in an Autotransformer, the same single winding acts as primary and secondary winding both at the same time. An Autotransformer has various applications that include variable output, starting of the induction motors, and others.
Application of Instrument transformer
The main purpose of an Instrument Transformer is for providing current or voltage at a level that is usable and is used for measuring electrical quantities. An Instrument transformer is a high-accuracy electric device as it is used for measuring electrical quantities.
Importance of Transformers
We have seen the applications of various types of transformers. Transformers are extremely important in power transmitting and distributing systems. In a power generating plant the power supply is transmitted at a very high voltage and this is only possible by using the transformer. At power plants, step-up transformers are used for transmission. And by the high voltage power transmission, the price of transmission is decreased and the outcome is we can get electrical power supply in an economical way.
Power supply at home is received by converting the high voltage supply to a low voltage supply with the help of a transformer. The power supply cannot be received directly from a power generating plant for residential purposes. There is one or additional substations that have transformers that help in converting the high voltage level into a low voltage level. At the receiving end, the voltage level is decreased with the help of step-down transformers. So you can calculate how important the role of a transformer is. And the Power Transformers Manufacturer is the one who manufactures these unique devices.
Advantages of Transformers
Let us now see briefly what the advantages of a transformer are:
- The most important advantage of using a transformer is controlling as well as stabilizing the voltage level transmission
- The next important advantage of a transformer is that it does need any specific starting time.
- Transformers are highly efficient as it requires low maintenance and very less capital investment.
- A transformer also provides isolation to the ground.
- Another advantage of a transformer is that there are no moving parts.
Disadvantages of Transformers
Let also find out the disadvantages of a transformer are:
- Transformers emit an excessive amount of heat and thus it requires cooling too. And this cooling process breaks the smooth flow of current.
- There is also a wastage of current flow because of the material used in the making of the iron core.
At the end of this article, we can see how much important transformers are in our daily life. Without the presence of the transformers, we couldn’t have enjoyed our lives in such a smooth way. And the Power Transformers Manufacturer plays a vital role by manufacturing various types of transformers.
Mr. Ravi Mahajan is the MD of Muskaan Power Infrastructure Limited. He is originally from Ludhiana, Punjab and it is his deep connection with his roots that has inspired him to venture into the industry through which he can bring great changes for the common people of the country. With a strong educational background in the electrical and electronics field, Mr. Mahajan has enabled Muskaan Power Infrastructure Limited to produce the best electrical equipment with cutting-edge technology. It is the sheer willpower and technical knowledge of Mr. Mahajan that has enabled him to make Muskaan Power grow and thrive at its best.