IBM Lotus Notes application and Microsoft Outlook are both popular email clients. Lotus Notes support NSF (Notes Storage Facility) format to save the mailbox items. On the other side, Outlook saves all its data in PST (Personal Storage Table) file format. Many users search for a solution to convert NSF to PST file format of Outlook as users cannot directly access NSF files in Outlook. There are various reasons for the users to convert NSF files to PST Outlook. In this article, we will describe the common reasons for conversion and different recommended techniques to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook. We will provide manual as well as the automated Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter online solution.
Let’s move ahead to various reasons why users need to export NSF to PST format.
Reasons to Convert NSF to PST
Users find some reasons because of which they need to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. Go through the listed points below for a better understanding of migration.
- MS Outlook is a more cost-effective program than IBM Lotus Notes.
- When the user needs to switch jobs from one place to another, then it might be possible that the user is required to export the Lotus Notes email to Outlook.
- Outlook provides a user-interactive interface.
- Users can easily configure multiple accounts simultaneously.
These are a few common reasons to export NSF to PST. Now let’s proceed further to different methods to solve the user’s query regarding “how to export NSF to PST”.
How to Convert NSF to PST Manually?
We have provided a manual technique for NSF to PST Conversion. However, the process can be a lengthy one so we have divided the manual process into two steps for better user understanding for migration. It is suggested to create a copy of the data to be exported as there might be a risk of human error or severe data loss. Follow the steps carefully.
Step 1: Export NSF Files to CSV
- Open the IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on the Open button and select the Lotus Notes program.
- Browse NSF files to export.
- In the file menu, choose the Export option.
- Enter the file name, saving type, and file location in the export dialog box.
- Choose the comma-separated value format.
- The data will be saved in the defined location.
Step 2: Import CSV File Into Outlook
- Open MS Outlook
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Click on import from another program or file.
- Choose comma-separated values as the file type.
- Browse to select the CSV file path.
- Select the path to save the exported file.
- Check on the checkbox in the import file dialog box.
- The entire CSV files will now be imported to Outlook.
- Lengthy and more time-consuming process.
- Users cannot export only selective NSF files.
- Risk of data alteration and data loss.
- Good technical knowledge is required.
- Unable to export multiple NSF files at once.
Professional Method to Convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes Program
Automated professional utilities are available in the market to avoid all the limitations as we have already seen under the conventional manual strategies for conversion. So users can also opt for professional methods to overcome all the limitations. In addition, the automated tool provides more security and a quick conversion process, and multiple saving options for the user. DRS NSF to PST Converter can efficiently convert NSF to PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, PDF, CSV, HTML, Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL, etc. It provides an option to remove duplicate emails while performing the conversion process. The process is quite smooth and the software offers a user-friendly interface. Also, there is no technical expertise required and even a novice user can effortlessly export NSF to PST. The free demo version can export 50 emails per folder for free.
Above in this article, we have discussed the methods to convert NSF to PST Outlook and also some common reasons why users need to perform NSF to PST conversion. We have noticed that the manual strategies have several drawbacks so it is highly suggested to use a reliable Lotus Notes to Outlook converter for a smooth and secure conversion process.